The Long Island forecast with some maps and comments for the northeast:
- Overall, it's a fairly dry pattern with moderating temperatures in the northeast, but there will be isolated showers at times in the afternoon into early evening today, tomorrow (not for Long Island), and this weekend (with the best chance being just inland).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny in the morning and then partly to mostly cloudy in the afternoon and breezy with a slight chance of a shower after 3 PM. Highs mostly between 62 and 64 degrees. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy in the evening with a slight chance of a shower, and then the skies will clear towards midnight. Lows in the low to mid 40's, and it will also be breezy with wind gusts up to 20 mph from the WNW.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with a few more afternoon clouds and still a little breezy with highs mostly between 63 and 65 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid to upper 60's. Light wind out of the NW to NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Partly sunny with some more clouds in the afternoon with a slight chance of a shower. Highs in the upper 60's. Wind of 5 to 10 mph out of the NW in the morning and then S by mid-afternoon.
Saturday: Partly cloudy with more clouds by late afternoon with a slight chance of a passing shower with highs in the upper 60's.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a passing shower in the afternoon with highs in the upper 60's.
Monday: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers by late afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 60's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 3rd image: Projected precipitation through 8 PM Monday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 4th to 6th image: Simulated radar from the HRRR model for 6:00 this evening, 11:00 tonight, and 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, respectively