The tropics, the next chance for thunderstorms, and the Long Island forecast:
- There is still only a 30% chance of tropical development within the next 5 days for the area just off the coast of Georgia and South Carolina (see 2nd image).
- There will be some scattered thunderstorms later this afternoon and this evening for eastern New England (see 4th image), with only a slight chance for eastern Long Island.
- Overall, it will be beautiful weather for Long Island today and tomorrow! There will be some showers for Sunday morning, but most of the afternoon should be ok. Then there will be a chance for strong thunderstorms Sunday night! Very warm to hot then for Monday to Wednesday with highs mostly in the mid to upper 80's.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with low humidity with only a very slight chance of a stray passing shower in the late afternoon, mostly for eastern Suffolk. Highs mostly in the low 80's. Wind out of the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Becoming mostly clear with lows mostly in the low to mid 60's, but some 50's are likely in the Pine Barrens area of Suffolk. Wind out of the NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny with low to moderate humidity with highs mostly in the low 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind from the NE at 5 mph in the morning and then out of the SSE to S in the afternoon at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Increasing clouds and humidity with some showers likely well after midnight, probably closer to 4 AM. Lows mostly in the upper 60's to near 70 degrees. Wind out of the S at around 10 mph.
Sunday: Humid with some morning showers and then mostly cloudy in the afternoon with a slight chance of a thunderstorm by late afternoon with highs in the low 80's. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday night: Humid with showers and thunderstorms likely with lows in the low 70s.
Monday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and partly cloudy in the afternoon, very warm, and humid with highs in the mid to upper 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and very warm with moderate humidity with highs in the mid to upper 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW in the morning at around 5 mph and then out of the SSW at around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with moderate humidity with highs mostly in the mid 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: From the National Hurricane Center
- 3rd image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 4th image: Future radar for 7:00 this evening from the HRRR model
- 5th image: Projected rainfall through 8 AM next Friday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend