Tropics are quiet and the Long Island forecast with some nice days:
- The tropics look to remain quiet for the rest of the month.
- The details for Long Island are in the forecast below, but just a slight chance of a passing shower today, a sunny and very warm to hot day tomorrow, some showers and thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon with the cold front, much less humid on Thursday, and nice weather Friday and Saturday with low humidity again on Saturday.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of a passing shower or thunderstorm with highs in the upper 70's to near 80 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Becoming mostly clear with lows in the upper 60's. Wind becoming light and variable.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny and very warm with moderate humidity with highs mostly in the mid to upper 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Light wind in the morning and then mostly out of the SSW by late afternoon at around 10 mph.
Wednesday: Varying amounts of clouds and sun and humid with some showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs mostly in the mid 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the W at around 10 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and less humid with highs in the low 80's. Wind out of the NW to NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Partly cloudy with highs in the low 80's. Wind out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the low 80's.
Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy and more humid with a 30% chance of some showers or thunderstorms by late afternoon with highs in the low 80's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 3rd image: Future radar for 4 PM from the HRRR model
- 4th image: Projected rainfall through 2 AM Sunday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend