My Personal Weatherman™
Uncertainty now exists for at least Saturday this weekend due to upper-level low pressure:
- The Euro still has the system move through by Friday night with a nice 3-day weekend, but the GFS and especially the Canadian have the upper-level low slow to move through with some showers lingering on Saturday from the GFS and into Monday from the Canadian.
- You can see the cooler temperatures for today in the 2nd image, and tomorrow and Wednesday will be even cooler.
- You can see the projected rainfall for the next 7 days in the 3rd image, but amounts will likely be higher than shown for Long Island and southern New England.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly sunny overall with more clouds early and late. Cooler and less humid with highs in the low to mid 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the N at 10 to 20 mph in the morning and 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of sprinkles or light showers with lows in the mid 50's in Nassau and low mid 50's in Suffolk. Variable wind direction at around 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Cloudy in the morning with a slight chance of sprinkles and then partly sunny later in the afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the E at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly to mostly cloudy with lows in the low 50's. Wind out of the E at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy and continued cool with an onshore flow with highs mostly in the mid 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the E at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and cloudy in the afternoon with a 20% chance of scattered showers with highs in the upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday: Humid with showers and possibly a thunderstorm with moderate to heavy downpours possible with highs in the low to mid 70's. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Low-confidence forecast as there is uncertainty in how quickly the system from Friday will clear the area: Cloudy in the morning with a chance of showers with partial clearing later in the afternoon with low humidity and highs in the low to mid 70's. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the mid 70's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the WPC
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend