Search
  • My Personal Weatherman

Update on Hurricane Delta and Long Island with much-needed rain coming for the northeast:

Hurricane Delta has maximum sustained winds of 100 mph with a minimum central pressure of 973 mb. It will slowly strengthen today into early tomorrow and likely become a major hurricane again with maximum sustained winds in the 115 mph range. Slight weakening is expected to a Cat 2 before landfall along the wester coast of Louisiana late afternoon on Friday. Maximum projected storm surge is 7 to 11 feet with rainfall totals of 5 to 10 inches with isolated amounts up to 15 inches.


The remnants of Hurricane Delta, as well as a frontal system, will bring much needed rainfall to the northeast with generally 1 to 3 inches of rain expected from Sunday night into Wednesday morning.


Long Island forecast:


Today: Mostly sunny and fairly windy with highs mostly in the low to mid 60's with wind gusts up to 25 mph from the NW.

Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60's.

Saturday: Partly cloudy and breezy with a warmer wind out of the SW with highs in the low to mid 70's.

Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of a shower in the morning and afternoon, increasing to a 70% chance of showers in the evening and at night. Highs around 70 degrees.

Monday: Cloudy with an 80% chance of rain with highs in the mid 60's.

Tuesday: Cloudy with a 50% chance of scattered showers with highs close to 70 degrees.


- 1st image: Official forecast map for Hurricane Delta from the NHC

- 2nd image: Projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center

- 3rd image (video): Current IR satellite loop of Hurricane Delta

- 4th image: Maximum projected wind gusts in knots from the Euro through 2 PM Saturday

- 5th image: Projected storm surge

- 6th image: Projection from the HWRF model for 5 PM Friday

- 7th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend









11 views

© 2023 by Marketing Solutions. Proudly created with Wix.com