Update on the next storm and the Long Island forecast:
There is somewhat better agreement with the models, but there is still a lot of uncertainty as shown by the Euro ensembles. The GFS, GFS-Parallel, and Canadian generally all show the storm for Sunday with a track basically across Long Island with rain for Long Island and most of southern New England with some snow for inland areas and higher elevations of NY state and New England. The Euro generally keeps the weekend storm offshore with a weaker system passing through on Monday, and then the Euro shows a bigger storm for next Thursday. The Euro ensembles are still showing a wide range of possible solutions. See all images below for complete picture. A few of the Euro ensembles do show snow for Long Island, but it's unlikely as the track would have to be perfect, and it would have to be strong enough to draw in colder air. I will continue to update.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today (Tuesday): Partly to mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of a passing shower. in the late morning to mid-afternoon. Temperatures dropping from the mid 50's this morning to the mid to upper 40's by late afternoon. It will also be pretty windy with wind gusts up to 25 to 30 mph from the SW this afternoon.
Tomorrow (Wednesday): Partly cloudy and a little breezy with highs in the mid 40's. Wind gusts up to 20 mph from the WSW mostly.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 40's.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers in the afternoon and evening with highs around 50 degrees.
Saturday: There is uncertainty in the timing of the next system. Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of early morning showers and then partial clearing possible. Highs in the upper 40's.
Sunday: There is some uncertainty still, but most of the models are showing rain. Cloudy with a 50% chance of rain with highs in the upper 40's.
- 1st image: Projected storm locations for 7 AM Sunday from the Euro ensemble members
- 2nd image: Projected storm tracks for the next 7 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Map from the GFS for 7 PM Sunday
- 4th image: Map from the Canadian for 7 AM Sunday
- 5th image: Map from the GFS-Parallel for 1 AM Sunday
- 6th image: Projected snowfall for the next 8 days from the Euro ensemble mean
- 7th image: Projected snowfall for the next 8 days from the Euro
- 8th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 9th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend