Update on the snow for tomorrow on LI and the Euro also shows the snowstorm next week:
Snow showers or a period of light to occasionally moderate snow is looking a little more likely on Long Island tomorrow morning, as both the HRRR and RGEM models show it. The NAM isn't as bullish though. A coating to an inch can't be ruled out at this time, but let's see what the models show today.
It's going to be a very cold weekend in the northeast. Highs on Long Island will only be in the low to mid 30's with breezy conditions, and lows by early Sunday morning and early Monday morning with been in the upper teens to low 20's.
Regarding the potential snowstorm for early next week, the Euro kind of stands alone in showing it on Long Island and southern New England, although the GFS-parallel also shows some snow (edit at 5:20 AM: Now the new 06Z GFS run also has snow for Long Island). While the Euro is showing 8 to 12 inches, it doesn't really have a lot of support from its own ensembles, although there are a bunch of them showing accumulations of 2 inches or more.
The storm tracks for next week with the 2nd storm as well for next Friday, generally will be from west to east, so it doesn't look like the classic storms coming up the coast and heading NNE. This means the chances of a snowstorm for northern New England are much lower. Parts of the Mid-Atlantic states have the best chance.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today (Tuesday): Mostly sunny in the morning with some more clouds in the afternoon and a little breezy with highs in the low 40's.
Tonight: Increasing clouds after midnight with lows mostly in the upper 20's.
Tomorrow (Wednesday): Cloudy with a 40% chance of snow showers in the morning. A coating to an inch can't be ruled out if there is a heavier burst of snow. Some breaks of sun are possible by mid to late afternoon. Windy and cold with highs around 36 or 37 degrees. Wind gusts up to 25 mph from the NW in the afternoon.
Thursday: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 30's.
Friday: Partly cloudy with highs in the low 40's.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, breezy, and cold with highs in the low to mid 30's.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, breezy, and cold with highs in the low to mid 30's.
Monday: Increasing clouds with highs in the mid 30's.
- 1st and 2nd images: Maps from the Euro for 7 AM and 1 PM next Tuesday
- 3rd image: Projected storm locations for 1 PM next Tuesday from the Euro ensemble members
- 4th to 6th images: Simulated future radar for tomorrow at 7 AM, 9 AM, and 11 AM from the HRRR model
- 7th image: Projected snowfall through 1 PM tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 8th image: Projected snowfall through 1 PM Saturday from the Euro
- 9th and 10th images: Projected snowfall for Long Island and Boston, respectively, for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 11th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 12th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend