Update on the storm tomorrow into Thursday and the Long Island forecast:
- Details for Long Island are in the forecast below, but the Euro is showing the potential for up to 2 inches of rain, although around 1.5 inches is more likely.
- Plenty of snow for western and northern NY state and New England, especially higher elevations.
- I have included a bunch of simulated radar maps from the NAM below so you can see the timing for your area,
- Windy conditions Thursday afternoon into early Friday morning with gusts up to 40 mph, and it will be cold on Friday with highs only in the low 40's on Long Island.
- A very weak system may pass through on Sunday, but it should stay dry.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 50's. Wind out of the S in the afternoon at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 40's. Wind out of the S to SSW at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Cloudy with a couple of showers possible, but the main area of rain should arrive around mid to late afternoon. Highs around 60 degrees. Wind out of the S at around mph.
Tomorrow night: Rain, moderate to heavy at times. Lows around 50 degrees. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Moderate to heavy rain at times in the morning and then ending as showers in the early afternoon with some breaks of sun by late afternoon. Total rainfall expected is around 1.25 to 2.0 inches. Highs around 50 degrees in the morning and then dropping into the mid to upper 40's in the afternoon. It will also become windy with gusts up to 40 mph from the NW in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly sunny, breezy, and cold with highs only in the low 40's. Wind out of the NW with gusts up to 20 to 25 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 50's.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs in the low 60's.
- 1st image: Projected precipitation through 8 PM Thursday from the Euro
- 2nd image: Projected snowfall through 8 AM Friday from the GFS
- 3rd image: Maps from the Euro for 10 AM Thursday
- 4th to 8th images: Simulated future radar from the NAM for 2 PM tomorrow, 8 PM tomorrow, 2 AM Thursday, 8 AM Thursday, and 2 PM Thursday, respectively
- 9th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend