Watching the Thursday storm and where the snow will fall:
Just a quick update on the potential storm on Thursday. You can see from the images below that the best chance of snow will be for inland areas and higher elevations of NY state and New England, but there are many Euro ensemble members that show at least some snow on Long Island, so this could be interesting to watch it evolve.
- 1st and 2nd images: Projected snowfall for the next 7 days from the Euro ensemble mean and National Weather Service model blend, respectively
- 3rd image: Projected storm locations and strengths at 2 PM Thursday from the Euro ensemble members
- 4th image: Map from the Euro at 8 PM Thursday
- 5th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 6th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles