Watching the tropics for Fred and the Long Island forecast with late-week rain:
- While nothing is imminent, there appears to be an increasing chance for one or two tropical systems to develop next week in the Atlantic as you can see in the 1st image, which goes out 15 days. The next two names on the list are Fred and Grace.
- The details for Long Island are below, but generally very nice today and then mostly cloudy the next couple of days before some rain for Thursday into early Friday morning with higher chances and rainfall amounts for eastern sections as you can see in the 3rd image.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs around 79 to 82 degrees. Wind out of the NW at around 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the NNW to N at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy with highs around 80 degrees. Light and variable wind at 5 mph or less.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of a shower in eastern Suffolk with highs around 80 degrees. Wind generally out of the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Cloudy with a 60% chance of showers with highs in the upper 70's to around 80 degrees. Wind mostly out of the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: A chance of showers in the morning and then becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the low 80's. Wind out of the SSW to S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Partly cloudy and humid with a slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm with highs in the low to mid 80's.
- 1st image: Euro ensembles for the next 15 days
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall through 2 PM Friday from the Euro ensemble mean
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend