Welcome to April and Opening Day. A cold start to the month, but then seasonable next week:
- Beware of April Fool's Day jokes today, but there aren't any in this post.
- It's Opening Day for baseball, which is always a special day for me.
- The details for Long Island are in the forecast below, but after a lull early this morning, there will be more rain for mid to late morning, and it will be windy and chilly with temperatures in the 40's all day. Wind chill temperatures in the low 20's tonight with lows in the upper 20's to around 30 degrees. After today, it will generally by dry until the middle of next week with no big storms are big temperature wings on the horizon.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: After a lull early this morning, there will be more rain arriving from the west starting between 7 AM and 8 AM and then tapering off to scattered showers and ending by around late morning to early afternoon from west to east and remaining mostly cloudy with a brief passing shower still possible until early evening. Temperatures mostly in the mid to upper 40's. It will also be windy with gusts up to 30 mph from the NW in the afternoon.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, windy, and cold with lows in the upper 20's to low 30's. Wind out of the NNW with gusts up to 30 mph early and then decreasing to 25 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly cloudy in the morning and partly to mostly cloudy in the afternoon, breezy, and cold with highs only in the low 40's. Wind out of the NNW with gusts up to 20 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the NNW at around 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and then partly cloudy in the afternoon with highs mostly in the upper 50's. Wind out of the WNW at around 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 50's to around 60 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy with highs mostly in the low 60's.
- 1st image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 2nd and 3rd images: Future simulated radar from the HRRR model for today at 11 AM and 3 PM, respectively
- 4th image: Projected wind chill temperatures for 7 AM tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 5th image: Projected highs for Sunday from the National Weather Service
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend