Winter Weather Advisory for Long Island and the latest ice and snow maps through 7 PM Tuesday:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service New York NY 332 PM EST Sun Feb 14 2021
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM MONDAY TO 5 AM EST TUESDAY
* WHAT...Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of around one tenth of an inch.
* WHERE...Portions of southern Connecticut and southeast New York.
* WHEN...From 5 AM Monday to 5 AM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions are possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning and evening commutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Pockets of light freezing rain or freezing drizzle will produce a light glaze at times on Monday. A steadier period of freezing rain can be expected Monday night before changing to rain.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Slow down and use caution while traveling. Prepare for possible power outages.
Check local Department of Transportation information services for the latest road conditions.