* Blizzard Warning for Suffolk and Winter Storm Warning for Nassau
* Snow should begin between 2 AM and 4 AM and end between 2 PM and 4 PM for Nassau and between 4 PM and 6 PM for Suffolk
* 8 to 12 inches for Suffolk with drifts of up to 18 inches with 55 mph wind gusts
* 6 to 9 inches for Nassau with 45 mph wind gusts
* 100 mph wind gusts possible over the ocean (see image)
* Extremely dangerous wind chills from tomorrow night through Sunday afternoon.
* Friday: High from 12 to 16 degrees with 35 mph wind gusts
* Friday night: Low of 2 to 6 degrees with 30 mph wind gusts
* Saturday: High of 10 to 15 degrees with 25 mph wind gusts
* Saturday night: Low of -3 to 2 degrees with 15 mph wind gusts
* Temps will finally get above freezing Monday evening as a brief period of snow/sleet will change to rain.
The following image shows projected snowfall amounts from the NAM model:
Image from tropicaltidbits.com
The following image from the Euro model shows projected wind gusts as of 1 PM Thursday: