- After a frigid day, we'll be warming up each day and will be in the 50's for part of next week on Long Island.
- A few flurries can't be ruled out today over eastern Long Island from Long Island Sound Effect snow, but mostly just clouds probably.
- A weak system will slide south of the Long Island and New York area on Friday afternoon/evening with light snow staying south of Long Island.
- Another weak system could bring some snow to northern NY and northern New England Saturday night.
- With the warm-up next week, there looks to be limited moisture early in the week, but a mostly rainy period possible from Wednesday night into Friday, with some mixed precipitation possible for parts northern CT into MA. It's too soon for details though.
- It will then turn colder again when the cold front passes next Friday.
- It doesn't look like any snow for Long Island for the next 10 days, but I think we have a chance around Feb 11th.
The following image shows the projected temperature anomalies (departure from normal) for next Tuesday from the GFS model.
Image from tropicaltidbits.com