See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for daily updates.
- There will be some showers this morning, but then the sun will come out this afternoon with highs in the low 80's.
- Mostly sunny tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday with highs mostly in the upper 80's.
- Showers and thunderstorms for late Thursday night into Friday afternoon or evening.
- Mostly sunny Saturday and Sunday with highs in the upper 80's. The 2nd image shows projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days.
- It is becoming more likely that the storm will form as the National Hurricane Center has increased the odds of tropical development to 70%.
- It also looks more likely that the storm will make landfall somewhere between the Alabama coast and the central Texas coast this weekend with Louisiana perhaps being the top target.
- If it goes into western Louisiana or Texas, it will have more time to strengthen. If that occurs, it could become a hurricane.
- Either way, the storm will bring the potential for more than 10 inches of rain where it makes landfall.