See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for daily updates.
An Excessive Heat Watch is in effect for the entire Tri-State area for Saturday from 12 PM to 10 PM:
* HEAT INDEX VALUES...Up to 108 due to temperatures in the mid 90's, and dew points in the mid 70's.
- It will remain humid through Monday. The heat wave will break on Monday, and the rest of next week will only be in the low to mid 80's.
Long Island forecast:
- Today: Cloudy and humid with scattered showers and thunderstorms (not severe) at times throughout the day and evening. Highs in the low 80's.
- Tomorrow: Partly cloudy, hot and humid with highs in the low 90's. Lows will only be in the upper 70's tomorrow night.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, very hot and humid with highs in the mid to upper 90's. The heat index will be between 102 and 107 degrees.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, hot and humid with highs in the mid 90's. There is a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms Sunday night.
- Monday: Partly to mostly cloudy, very warm and humid with highs in the upper 80's with a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms.