See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for daily updates.
- The best night to view the meteor shower on Long Island looks like late Sunday night as there should be clear skies. Monday night is the peak, but it may be mostly cloudy then.
Long Island forecast:
- Today: Partly to mostly sunny with highs mostly in the mid 80's with moderate levels of humidity. There is only a very slight chance of a late afternoon or early evening shower or thunderstorm, but a little better chance between 9 PM and midnight, but they will be very isolated and not severe.
- Tomorrow: The humidity will really decrease between 3 AM and 11 AM, so it will be a beautiful day with sunny skies and a dry northwest breeze with highs mostly in the low to mid 80's.
- Saturday and Sunday: Perfect weather with sunny skies and low humidity with highs mostly 79 to 83 degrees. It will be a little more breezy on Saturday with northwest winds of 10 to 20 mph. Overnight lows will mostly be in the mid 60's.
- Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 80's and continued pretty low humidity. There may be increasing clouds at night.
- It looks like some rain possibly Tuesday night and part of Wednesday, but there is still some uncertainty.
The following image shows projected high temperatures for Saturday: