See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for frequent updates.
Update on the storm for tomorrow afternoon into late tomorrow night:
- I'm very confident that Game 4 of the ALCS at Yankee Stadium tomorrow night will be postponed.
- Generally, expecting 2 to 3 inches of rain for Long Island into southern New England with wind gusts of 30 to 50 mph. There is the potential for higher gusts over southeastern MA.
- The rain will probably start in the early afternoon for western Long Island and closer to mid-afternoon for eastern Long Island. The heaviest rain may be from 8 PM to 2 AM. Wind gusts will be up to 30 mph until Wednesday evening and then increasing to 40 to 45 mph by late Wednesday night. Strong wind gusts over 40 mph will continue behind the storm into Thursday afternoon and then slowly diminish by Friday morning.
- The Euro and NAM continue to show stronger wind gust potential (50 mph to 70 mph) from eastern Long Island out towards southeastern MA, but this is being discounted for now. The National Weather service is showing max gusts of only 40 mph for eastern Long Island and 50 mph for southeastern MA.
- There should be some snow for the higher elevations of New England and northern NY state. The Euro is showing more snow than the National Weather Service.
- Very nice weather from Friday to Monday for Long Island.