See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for frequent updates.
- The Euro and Canadian models show dry weather for Long Island and New England for the next 7 days. The GFS does show some showers for Saturday into Sunday for Long Island into southern New England, but the odds favor dry weather prevailing.
- A tight pressure gradient between high pressure to the north and Tropical Storm Arthur to our southeast will lead to windy conditions today into tomorrow with gusts over 30 mph at times on Long Island today into tonight from the east-northeast to northeast.
- Flooding rains will continue this week for the mountains of western North Carolina and western Virginia. See images below.
Long Island forecast:
- Today: Partly cloudy and windy with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind gusts over 30 mph at times, especially for the south shore and east end.
- Tomorrow: Partly to mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the low 60's.
- Thursday: Sunny with highs in the low to mid 60's.
- Friday: Partly cloudy and warmer with highs in the upper 60's to low 70's. Can't rule out a shower at night.
- Saturday: Partly cloudy with a 30% chance of some showers with highs in the low 70's.
- Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 60's to around 70 degrees.
- Memorial Day: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 60's to around 70 degrees.
The following image shows the projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the Euro: