Beautiful weather, uncertainty for early next week, and an update on Invest 96L in the tropics:
- The beautiful weather with lower humidity begins today, but with a secondary cold front moving through later tonight, it will be much cooler and less humid tomorrow and Friday. The weekend should remain dry, but the humidity will be slowly increasing, and Sunday will be quite warm.
- There is uncertainty for Monday and Tuesday as a backdoor cold front *may* sink down and stall near the area, which would bring more clouds and showers, along with cooler temperatures than previously expected.
- Invest 96L has more impressive convection than yesterday, and the National Hurricane Center has increased the chances of tropical development within the next 5 days to 50%. Many of the ensemble members have it eventually turn northward, but it's far from certain.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny with low to moderate humidity with a few late afternoon clouds with highs around 80 degrees, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the W at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and WNW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low 60's in Nassau and around 60 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the WNW to NW at around 10 mph and then becoming out of the NNW and increasing to 15 mph after midnight.
Tomorrow: Sunny and a little breezy with low humidity with highs in the low 70's. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph with gusts over 20 mph in the morning.
Tomorrow night: Clear and cool with lows in the mid 50's in Nassau and low 50's in Suffolk with some upper 40's possible in the Pine Barrens area in Suffolk. Wind out of the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Sunny with low humidity with highs in the mid 70's, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and then out of the W at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with low to moderate humidity with highs in the mid to upper 70's, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NE at 5 mph in the morning and then out of the S at 10 mph by mid to late afternoon.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with moderate humidity with highs in the low 80's in Nassau and around 80 degrees in Suffolk, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and then out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: From the National Hurricane Center
- 3rd image: Euro ensembles for the next 15 days
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend