My Personal Weatherman™
1.5 to 3 inches of rain coming to Long Island and then very cold early next week!
- There will be more tornadoes today in the east (see 2nd image).
- Most of the rain for Long Island will be from around 8:00 tonight until around 3 AM Friday. The HREF ensemble mean and NWS Model Blend are each showing 2 to almost 3 inches of rain.
- Very cold early next week with wind chills in the teens and lows in the 20's with highs on Monday likely only in the upper 30's on Long Island.
- Then a storm for the middle of next week could bring some rain, sleet, and snow to the northeast.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly cloudy and cooler with highs in the upper 40's. Wind out of the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Rain developing in the evening, breezy, and chilly with lows in the upper 30's in Suffolk and near 40 degrees in Nassau. Wind out of the E at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tomorrow: Rain, moderate to heavy at times, and it will be breezy. Highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the ENE at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tomorrow night: Rain with lows in the mid 40's. Variable wind direction at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday: Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 50's in Nassau and mid 50's in Suffolk. Wind out of the W at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Increasing clouds with a chance of a few scattered showers by mid to late afternoon with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy, breezy, and chilly with a very slight chance of a passing shower with highs in the upper 40's. Wind out of the WNW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny, breezy, and cold with highs in the upper 30's. Wind out of the WNW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the low to mid 40's. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Severe weather potential for this morning into early tomorrow morning from the Storm Prediction Center
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 4th image: NWS Model Blend precipitation through 8 AM Friday
- 5th image: 10-day snow map from the NWS Model Blend
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend