My Personal Weatherman™
43 inches of snow, Wind Advisory canceled, and will the storm for next Wednesday head out to sea?
- 4 different states had at least 35 inches of snow, and these totals were only as of 10:30 last night and there are still snow bands ongoing (see current radar in the 1st image): Beacon NY 43", Colrain MA 36", Stony Creek/Morah/Palenville, NY 36", Marlboro VT 36", Peterborough NH 35", and Rowe MA 35".
- The Wind Advisory for Long Island was canceled early, but there will still be wind gusts to around 40 mph this morning, 35 mph this afternoon, and 30 mph this evening with highs only in the low 40's today.
- A cold front will bring some showers mostly later Friday night into early Saturday morning, and then Sunday will be breezy and chillier.
- The models now mostly keep the potential storm for the middle of next week out to sea, but I wouldn't be so sure of that, as storms mostly trend westward and a good amount of Euro ensemble members still have the storm affecting the northeast (see 4th and 5th images).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly cloudy and very windy with highs in the low 40's. Wind out of the NW at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear and breezy with lows in the low 30's in Nassau and around 30 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph in the evening and then 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph after midnight.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 50's in Nassau and around 50 degrees in Suffolk, but mid to upper 40's for the east end. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph in the morning and then W at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Tomorrow night: Increasing clouds with lows around 40 degrees in Nassau and in the upper 30's in Suffolk. Wind out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with highs in the mid 50's in Nassau and low to mid 50's in Suffolk, but cooler for the east end. Wind out of the SSW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Showers ending by around mid-morning and then mostly sunny in the afternoon and becoming breezy with highs around 51 degrees. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and windy with highs in the low 40's. Wind out of the WNW at 15 to 20 mph with gusts over 25 mph.
Monday: Sunny with highs in the upper 40's in Nassau and mid to upper 40's in Suffolk. Wind out of the WNW then W at around 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs around 50 degrees in Nassau and in the upper 40's in Suffolk. Wind mostly out of the N/NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
- 1st image: Radar up to 4:34 AM
- 2nd image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 3rd image: 10-day snow map from the Model Blend
- 4th and 5th images: Euro ensemble maps for next Wednesday afternoon
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island from the Euro ensembles