My Personal Weatherman™
70 to 75 degrees coming next Tuesday, but we have to get through the rain this week:
- Both the GFS and Euro are showing temperatures into the 70's even on Long Island next Tuesday, which may be the warmest day next week (see 3rd image).
- A couple of waves of rain coming this week and then a couple of showers on Friday and Saturday. The main batches of rain for Long Island will generally be from around midnight tonight to Noon tomorrow and then again on Thursday afternoon into Thursday night when a rumble of thunder will be possible.
- I'll likely post a future radar video sometime this morning.
- Severe weather with tornadoes, damaging wind gusts, and large hail across the deep south today into tonight (see 4th image).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly to mostly cloudy in the morning and then cloudy in the afternoon with a slight chance of a light scattered shower late in the day with highs mostly in the low to mid 50's. Wind light and variable in the morning and then out of the SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Chance of an evening shower with a steady moderate rain developing towards midnight. Lows mostly in the mid 40's. Wind out of the E at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Steady rain in the morning tapering off to drizzle in the afternoon with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Tomorrow night: Cloudy with a chance of some drizzle with lows in the mid 40's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Rain developing around late morning to early afternoon from west to east with a chance of an afternoon or evening thunderstorm with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the E at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with some breaks of sun with a chance of some scattered showers in the mid to late afternoon with highs in the upper 50's to near 60 degrees. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Partly cloudy in the morning with more clouds in the afternoon with a chance of a few showers with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 50's to near 60 degrees. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: Projected highs for next Tuesday from the Euro
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 4th image: Severe weather potential through tonight from the Storm Prediction Center
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend