My Personal Weatherman™
Another beautiful day, but snow chances begin to slowly increase before Thanksgiving:
- The details for Long Island are in the forecast below, with the only change really being that chance of a few showers Saturday afternoon/evening.
- The cooler weather really begins on Sunday, and the coldest day may be Tuesday with highs possibly in the upper 40's.
- Even before Thanksgiving, snow can't be completely ruled out on Long Island with steadily increasing chances as you head north and west, especially towards the higher elevations of NY state and New England, where snow will be likely before Thanksgiving (see 3rd and 4th images).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Early morning clouds and then sunny with highs in the mid 60's. Wind becoming out of the NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows mostly in the mid 30's in Suffolk, but with some upper 20's to low 30's possible in the Pine Barrens, and low 40's towards western Nassau. Wind out of the N at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly sunny through high clouds with thickening clouds later in the afternoon with highs in the low 60's. Wind generally out of the NE to ENE at around 5 mph in the morning and out of the ESE at 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tomorrow night: Cloudy with scattered showers developing towards midnight with lows mostly in the mid 50's. Wind out of the SE at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Rain in the morning with a slight chance of thunder, tapering off to showers and ending from west to east by late afternoon. Breezy and mild with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the SSW to SW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny in the morning and then more clouds with a 30% chance of a shower by mid to late afternoon with highs in the upper 50's. Wind generally out of the W at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Monday: Partly cloudy with a chance of a couple of showers with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 40's to near 50 degrees.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the National Weather Service
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall for the next 15 days from the Euro ensemble mean
- 4th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 5th image: Projected precipitation for the next 6 days from the Weather Prediction Center
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend