Another cold late-March day:
- A very cold start, but it will be about 7 degrees warmer today on Long Island than it was yesterday as highs will mostly be around 40 degrees. A warm front will swing through late afternoon tomorrow with a slight chance of a shower, and then it will be very mild on Thursday with highs ranging from around 70 degrees in northeastern NJ to the low 60's in Nassau to the mid 50's in Montauk (see 5th image). Most of the rain will be Thursday evening into very early Friday morning, and it will be windy with a chance of a thunderstorm with gusty winds.
- I have included the severe weather maps for tomorrow and Thursday, and you can see Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama are a target again for tornadoes and damaging wind gusts.
- I have also included the 10-day snow map in the last image.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs around 40 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the mid 20's in Nassau and mostly low 20's in Suffolk. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy with some morning filtered sunshine through mid and upper level clouds with a slight chance of a light shower in the afternoon with highs in the mid 40's. Wind out of the WNW in the morning and then SW by late afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy with a very slight chance of a light shower with lows in the upper 30's in Nassau and mid 30's in Suffolk. Wind out of the S at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Cloudy, windy, and much milder with a chance of an early morning shower and then an increasing chance of showers by late afternoon with highs in the low 60's in Nassau and mostly upper 50's to near 60 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the S at 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon with gusts to 30 mph.
Thursday night: Rainy, windy, and mild with a chance of a thunderstorm with lows in the upper 40's. Wind out of the SW at 20 to 30 mph with brief gusts to 40 mph.
Friday: Early morning showers ending and then becoming partly sunny and breezy with highs in the upper 50's. Wind out of the W at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a late afternoon or evening shower with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend
- 3rd and 4th images: Severe weather potential from 8 AM tomorrow to 8 AM Thursday and from 8 AM Thursday to 8 AM Friday from the Storm Prediction Center
- 5th image: Projected highs for Thursday from the NWS
- 6th image: 10-day snow map from the NWS Model Blend