- The remarkably humid weather for late October continues today for Long Island with early fog and some widely scattered showers, mainly in Suffolk and mainly in the morning with a downpour being possible into early afternoon, and a break of sun is possible later in the day. The cooler and drier air arrives later tonight with a cold front moving through later in the evening with a very slight chance of a light passing shower, but it will likely come through dry.
- Nice weather then (see details in the forecast below) until clouds increase later on Sunday with showers arriving on Halloween in the afternoon, and all of next week will be very mild.
- The potential system in the Caribbean looks like it could become a tropical storm next week, but it may continue to head west and stay to the south and head into Central America.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Early morning fog with some widely scattered showers with a downpour being possible, mainly in Suffolk and in the morning, otherwise mostly cloudy and humid with breaks of sun possible with highs close to 70 degrees. Wind nearly calm in the morning and then out of the SW at around 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Very slight chance of a light passing shower before 11 PM and then decreasing clouds and humidity with lows in the mid 50's. Wind out of the WSW then W at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny and breezy with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph in the morning and 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph in the afternoon.
Tomorrow night: Clear, breezy, and chilly with lows in the mid 40's in Nassau and low to mid 40's in Suffolk. Wind out of the N at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Partly cloudy and a little breezy with highs in the upper 50's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 50's to near 60 degrees. Wind out of the NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with increasing clouds late with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the NNE at 5 mph in the morning and then out of the E at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Monday (Halloween): Cloudy with showers likely in the afternoon/evening with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the E at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers with highs in the mid 60's. Wind becoming out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Future radar for 10 AM from the HRRR model
- 3rd image: Overview of the tropics from the National Hurricane Center
- 4th image: Euro ensembles for the tropics for the next 10 days
- 5th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend