Brief 3:45 AM post with the Long Island forecast and some maps/images:
- Watch for changeable skies this afternoon and evening with scattered thunderstorms with brief heavy rain and gusty winds with the potential for hail with very cold air aloft.
- Rain and snow showers are then possible for Sunday afternoon/evening as a cold front moves through. The HRRR is showing the potential for snow squalls (see last image)
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend
- 3rd image: 10-day snow map from the NWS Model Blend
- 4th to 6th images: Future radar from the HRRR model for 1 PM, 4 PM, and 10 PM
- 7th image: Future radar from the HRRR model for 4 PM tomorrow