Dry, cool, and breezy the next few days with no rain through the weekend:
- There is a very slight chance of a passing sprinkle this afternoon on Long Island as more clouds swing through, but overall it will be mostly sunny the next few days with a fairly constant northwesterly wind with gusts in the 20 to 30 mph range.
- It will be cold early tomorrow morning with temperatures in the 30's and a wind chill in the mid to upper 20's on Long Island.
- Increasing high clouds Sunday afternoon, but any showers should hold off until later on Sunday night or Monday morning.
- No real warm stretch in sight, but starting this weekend temps will mostly be close to average, which means highs mostly in the 60 to 65 degree range.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny in the morning and partly cloudy and becoming windier in the afternoon with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, windy, and cold with lows in the mid 30's in Suffolk and upper 30's in Nassau. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny and windy with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear, windy, and cold with lows in the upper 30's, but some mid 30's in the Pine Barrens area in eastern Suffolk. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph with gusts over 25 mph.
Friday: Sunny and breezy with highs in the upper 50's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph with gusts over 25 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with highs around 60 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with increasing high clouds in the afternoon highs in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NNE in the morning at 5 mph and then S in the afternoon at around 10 mph.
Monday: Cloudy with a chance of showers with highs just above 60 degrees. Wind out of the ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Projected wind chill temperatures at 6 AM tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend