Eastern L.I. made it below zero with a -25 wind chill; northeast snow uncertainty for next weekend:
- You can see the very impressive 4:30 AM wind chills and temperatures in the 1st and 2nd images.
- While there could be some showers in eastern Long Island tomorrow night, and there is a chance of some light showers Tuesday night, the next main system is rain for Long Island Thursday afternoon into Friday morning.
- There is then uncertainty as to a 2nd storm around next Saturday with the models and ensembles generally all over the place, LOL. The Euro has a northeast snowstorm with some snow even on Long Island, the GFS has some inland snow, and the Canadian has just a little snow for northern New England. Without posting all 50 Euro ensemble maps (the ensemble mean snow map is shown in the 4th image), there is a lot of variability in the outcome, and I will be posting more about it, of course.
- 1st and 2nd images: 4:30 AM wind chills and temperatures
- 3rd image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 4th image: 10-day snow map from the Euro ensemble mean
- 5th and 6th images: Projected temperatures for Long Island