My Personal Weatherman™
Enjoy the beautiful day today because things go downhill quickly tomorrow and the trend is worse:
- Enjoy the beautiful weather today because it will be a distant memory this weekend as rain moves in tomorrow and continues through Saturday. It will also be windy from tomorrow into early next week with gusts in the 30 to 40 mph range from the ENE to NE. Saturday will feel like March with rain and highs only in the low 50's, but with it feeling chillier with the persistent wind.
- The trend has been for higher rainfall totals this weekend and also for the cut-off low pressure system to linger and retrograde closer to the coast and farther north, so showers can't be ruled out all of next week.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny through high clouds with increasing clouds late with highs around 70 degrees in Nassau and in the upper 60's to near 70 degrees in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph and shifting to out of the S by mid to late afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with lows mostly in the upper 40's with some mid 40's in eastern Suffolk. Wind out of the SSW at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow: Cloudy with rain developing by late morning to early afternoon with highs in the upper 50's to near 60 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind generally out of the E at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Rain and becoming breezy after midnight with lows in the mid to upper 40's. Wind out of the ENE at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Rainy, windy, and chilly with highs only in the low 50's. Wind out of the ENE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday (Mother's Day): A chance of showers in the morning, otherwise mostly cloudy and windy with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the NE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
Monday: Mostly cloudy and windy with a slight chance of showers with highs in the upper 50's to around 60 degrees. Wind out of the NE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts over 30 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy and breezy with a slight chance of showers with highs in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 20 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall through Saturday night from the Weather Prediction Center
- 4th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend