My Personal Weatherman™
Long Island forecast and an update on the potential mid-week system next week as it will be colder:
- There will be a couple of weak systems Sunday night and Monday night that could produce light snow for northern New England and maybe a shower on Long Island Sunday night.
- There is a potential moderate system for around Tuesday night into Wednesday, but there is uncertainty in the track and exact timing, so stay tuned for updates. It will be colder though and the rain/snow line could be near Long Island. Below, I have included all 50 maps for Wednesday morning and all 50 6-day and 15-day snow maps.
- You can see in the 2nd image that it will be cold from around next Wednesday through next weekend.
- While there is only a very slight chance, there will be a couple of systems to our south late next week and a few ensemble members do bring them north and produce snow, but the chances are very low right now, but I will be watching it.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny in the morning and partly cloudy in the afternoon with a slight chance of a light rain or snow shower around mid to late afternoon with highs just above 40 degrees. Wind out of the W/WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy with lows mostly in the low 30's. Wind out of the SW at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny in the morning and partly sunny in the afternoon and a little breezy with highs in the mid to upper 40's. Wind out of the WSW then W at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy with lows mostly in the mid 30's. Wind out of the SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 40's. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with highs in the mid 40's. Wind out of the NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Partly sunny in the morning and mostly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 30's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph. There is a chance of wet snow showers at night.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of rain or wet snow showers with highs in the mid 30's. Wind out of the N then NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Partly cloudy with highs in the low to mid 30's. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected 24-hour snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days from every Euro ensemble member
- 4th and 5th images: 10-day snow maps from the Model Blend and Euro ensemble mean
- 6th and 7th images: All 50 Euro ensemble member maps for the period from 1 AM to 7 AM next Wednesday
- 8th and 9th images: All 50 Euro ensemble member snow maps for the next 6 days
- 10th and 11th images: All 50 Euro ensemble member 15-day snow maps
- 12th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island from the Model Blend